Podcast Recommendation: Story Corps: After Son’s Death, Marine’s Parents Grow Close To His Platoon: This one is short – at just 3 minutes and 14 seconds – but it’s a very moving conversation between the mother of Lance Corporal Brian Parrello, who was killed by an IED in Iraq in 2005, and Sergeant Kevin Powell, a member of Parrello’s unit, who has formed a close bond with Parrello’s family after his death.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 jalapeños, cut in half with inside scrapped clean
- 4 thinly cut strips of steak (any cut and each strip should be slightly smaller than the length and width of a jalapeño half)
- 2 slices thin cut bacon, cut in half
- 1.5 – 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- cut jalapenos lengthwise and clean out seeds.
- divide cream cheese evenly into each jalapeño half
- put raw steak on top of cream cheese and press to adhere to cream cheese
- wrap the bacon half around the jalapeño
- refrigerate at least 30 minutes
- heat oil in saucepan over medium heat
- fry jalapeño in oil for 2-3 minutes with steak side down first
- use tongs to flip jalapeño and fry the other side for 2-3 minutes
Original recipe can be found here.