Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 1-2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt, plus more to taste
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 thin slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup finely sliced salami (or bacon/prosciutto)
- 1-2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- parsley, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat your olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy bottomed pan or skillet (I used a mini-skillet).
- Cook zucchini in the pan, add ½ teaspoon of garlic salt, toss, and continue to cook until the zucchini is slightly browned.
- While the vegetables cook, whisk together your 3-4 eggs and 1 tablespoon of Tabasco sauce.
- Add in salami/bacon/prosciutto on top of zucchini.
- When the vegetables are ready, add the eggs to the pan, then arrange your slices of mozzarella cheese and goat cheese crumbles on top.
- Sprinkle top with crushed red pepper and parsley flakes.
- Place the frittata in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or so, until the frittata is set but not browned. Sprinkle with a few extras dashes of Tabasco, if you like, as well as a few bits of fennel leaves, for color.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from the Crepes of Wrath (amazing name, btw).