Podcast Recommendation: Flip the Script by Invisibilia about surprising results in non-complementary behavior.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 55-60 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk (2%, etc.) or almond milk!
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lemon rinds, grated (I used a microplane)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with butter and then coat butter/all inward sides with sugar.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream butter and sugar with paddle attachment on a low speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until creamy.
- Blend in milk and vanilla extract/paste.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind.
- Pour into batter with stand mixer on a low speed.
- Scrape into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Make glaze: Combine lemon juice and sugar in saucepan and stir and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove to rack and while still hot, poke with a meat thermometer all over the top of the loaf, and spoon glaze evenly over.
Recipe adapted from Food.com.