Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus 1 hr cooling time) | Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons (about) ice water
- 1 1/2 pounds plums, halved, pitted, each half cut into 6 slices
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten to blend (for glaze)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor.
- Add butter and cut in using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add 2 tablespoons ice water; blend until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if mixture is dry.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss plums, 4 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 12 1/2-inch round.
- Transfer to rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon flour in small bowl; sprinkle over dough, leaving 2-inch plain border.
- Arrange plums in concentric circles on dough, leaving 2-inch plain border; drizzle with melted butter.
- Fold dough border in toward center.
- Brush border with egg glaze; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake tart until plums are tender and crust is golden, about 45 minutes.
- Stir preserves in saucepan over low heat until melted. Brush over plums.
- [Optional] Cool tart 1 hour on baking sheet.
- Run long thin knife under tart to loosen. Using 9-inch tart pan bottom, transfer tart to plate; serve at room temperature.
Recipe from Epicurious.