Pictured w/ Branch Cake Server from Sur la Table
Prep Time: 10 minutes (+ an hour dough-resting time)| Cook Time: 12 minutes
Serving Size: 3-6, depending on appetites 🙂
- Trader Joe’s Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough ($1.29)
- 2 tbsp flour
- parchment paper
- 1/2 cup tomato puree (not sauce!!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch garlic salt
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- thinly sliced onions
- quality pepperoni (i.e. Roundy’s Old World Pepperoni)
- Let pizza dough sit out and get to room temperature for 30 – 60 minutes (even though you might want to, don’t skip this step!).
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Tear off piece of parchment paper the size of a cookie sheet/pizza stone (whatever you are baking the pizza on).
- Liberally flour the parchment paper and place room temperature pizza dough on it. Flour the side of the pizza dough that is facing up.
- Stretch out pizza dough but holding it perpendicular to the countertop and rotating the dough while maintaining hold on top of circular dough. If the dough is getting thing then place on parchment paper and knead out the center to redistribute the dough towards the outer edges.
- Mix tomato puree and olive oil. Feel free to add additional spices (such as oregano, etc.) here if desired.
- Spoon tomato puree and olive oil mixture onto stretched-out dough, making sure it is spread pretty thing (you should be able to see the white parts of the dough through the sauce).
- Sprinkle garlic salt on top of tomato puree.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of tomato puree.
- Sprinkle parsley on top of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of parsley.
- Sprinkle onion slices on top of parmesan cheese.
- Top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on middle or top rack of the oven.
*Optional: The thick-cut pepperoni is pretty greasy so I blotted after popping the pizza out of the oven and added crushed red pepper. Yum!