Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: ~22 cookies, depending on the size
Podcast Recommendation: WashPo’s Presidential Podcast: Ep. 42: Bill Clinton: The Good and the Bad. Stumbled on this gem of a podcast – Lillian Cunningham, the host of the show, realized she didn’t know that much about our prior presidents so she created a podcast where she interviews reporters/historians/biographers/etc. about each past president, starting in episode one with George Washington.
- 1.5 sticks (3/4 cup) butter (softened if mixing by hand)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl or stand mixer bowl, stir sugars and butter until blended. Add in vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Measuring by 1 or 2 tablespoons, form balls of cookie dough and then slightly flatten and place on parchment paper – about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and eat!
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.